- PRIME TIME TALL FESCUE BLEND contains 100 percent Tall Fescue. This premium turfgrass seed is ideal for new lawns, as well as overseeding current lawns. Prime Time Tall Fescue is drought and heat tolerant, traffic tolerant, has an elite dark green color, is ideal for both sunny and shady lawn areas, and has good brown patch resistance. Its shorter growing quality means less mowing for you!
- TALL FESCUE performs well in sun or shade, is great for high traffic areas, has a speedy germination time, and is adaptable to many environmental sites.
- USE ON residential lawns, athletic fields, municipal and community parks, golf courses, and other high-traffic areas.
- NEW LAWN APPLICATION RATE: 8 – 10lbs per 1,000 sq. ft. (340lbs – 425lbs per Acre). When seeding new lawn, use with a starter fertilizer.
- OVERSEEDING APPLICATION RATE: 4lbs per 1,000 sq. ft. (170lbs per Acre). When overseeding, use with a starter fertilizer.
- WHEN TO APPLY: Spring and fall, between 60 degree F and 80 degree F, are the best times to seed, but can be used anytime during the growing season, applicable to your region. Grass seed germinates when soil temperatures are consistently above 50 degree F. This roughly corresponds to daytime air temperatures between 60 degree F and 75 degree F. If grass seed is applied in fall, any ungerminated grass seeds will remain dormant throughout winter, then germinate when soil temperatures reach 50 degree F in spring.
- GERMINATION TIME: Germination of the grass seed mixture will start between 14-17 days. Grass seed will continue to thicken throughout growing season.
- Expected blooming period: Spring to Fall
- Sunlight exposure: Full Sun, Partial Sun, Shade